Image: Arthur Etchells
Come to the second meeting of 5th Square's Transit Committee, and help us build a powerful new transit rider advocacy organization for Philadelphia.
At our first meeting, attended by over 40 interested advocates, we discussed 5th Square's work on transit advocacy so far (free transfers, SEPTA Key kiosk design, university pass), some projects currently in the pipeline (City Council District bus service fact sheets and report) and brainstormed some ideas for campaigns and issues attendees were interested in working on.
According to survey cards returned by attendees, the biggest areas of interest were, in no particular order:
- Bus Turnaround campaign modeled on NYC Bus Turnaround campaign/Transit rider Organizing
- Supporting SEPTA YAC's Student Fare Discount Initiative (Automatic transit pass enrollment for college students)
- Regional Rail Service Frequency/Reverse Commuting Improvements
- SEPTA Key, Fare Policy, and Usability Issues
- Research and Data Analysis to Support Advocacy Initiatives
At our second meeting, we'll continue our discussion about the Transit Committee's priorities, and begin breaking into teams to establish some goals and strategies to start winning changes in each of these areas.
Get involved: Sign up to volunteer and select 5th Square Transit Committee.
Where: Temple University, Science Education and Research Center (SERC). 1925 N 12th St, Room 110. Building #43 on the map below
When: Monday, October 1, 2018
October 01, 2018 at 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Add this event to your Google Calendar
Temple University - SERC 110
1925 N 12th St
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Google map and directions
- 34 people are going