SEPTA will conduct public hearings regarding changes to the bus network as part of SEPTA Forward: Bus Revolution, the authority's first comprehensive redesign of its entire bus network.
We are organizing folks to attend the first hearing:
SEPTA HQ - 1234 Market St (Mezzanine Level)
on Tuesday, September 12th at 5 PM
We are seeking people to testify in support of this initiative for the reasons outlined in the Bus Revolution website.
- While Philadelphia and its surrounding communities have changed over the last few decades, SEPTA’s bus system has remained largely the same.
- SEPTA's ridership has been declining and the pandemic added to this issue by changing how people work and travel. It is clear that the system is still recovering from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Improving service at non-peak travel times and on weekends would have the greatest impact on lower- income workers, who often traveling outside of the peak.
- The number of frequent routes will increase from 33 to 43.
- Over 1 million more people will have walking access to frequent bus routes.
We also want to push SEPTA to spend more on bus service, seeing that a majority of its riders are bus riders -- which only sees a small fraction of capital budget expenditures.
Testimony is better if it's written beforehand, and resonates better if you can give a personal story about your rider experience with it.
Comments are typically limited to 2-minutes (approximately 300 words).
Can't attend this one? You can testify at one of the virtual sessions on Wednesday, September 13th
See the hearing schedule for more in-person dates and locations.
Can't attend a meeting? No problem. You can provide testimony through September 30, 2023 at the Bus Revolution website or submit comments by email at email@example.com or by phone 267-291-6045. All comments will become part of the public record and will be forwarded to the Hearing Examiner.
September 12, 2023 at 5:00pm – 8pm
Add this event to your Google Calendar
1234 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Google map and directions
- 6 people are going