Out of an abundance of caution, 5th Square is indefinitely postponing all its events and meet-ups. Thank you for your interest and we hope to resume these meetings soon!
Are you interested in housing, planning, and zoning issues in Philadelphia, and how we can continue to build on earlier progressive changes to our planning process to bring about a more affordable and sustainable city with better urban design?
Come to our first Philly YIMBY ('Yes In My Back Yard') meeting of 2020 where we'll be discussing the housing policy landscape in City Council this term, and some opportunities for advocacy and coalition-building, including
- AARP's Livable Communities Action Plan housing agenda
- City Council's Anti-Poverty agenda, which holds out some possible pro-housing changes
- The Planning Commission's upcoming code clean-up bill
- The City Transit Plan
- Habitat for Humanity's national #CostofHome campaign
- Rumored return of mandatory inclusionary zoning
We'll discuss the political landscape for housing production issues, some work we've already begun to identify the highest priority zoning code changes to raise this year, and hear from attendees about other issues and advocacy opportunities they see for the group to take action on.
The meeting is on Wednesday, March 25th from 6-7:30 pm. This one will be 90 minutes because there will be a lot to cover, but we'll keep future meetings to one hour.
- March 25, 2020 at 6pm – 7:30pm
Kismet Cowork Spring Arts
448 N 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Google map and directions