We took some big steps in just our second full year, and we want to share these successes with you in gratitude for all of your support. First, it's worth highlighting the most important accomplishment: urbanists are now recognized as a powerful and growing political constituency in Philadelphia. We can't claim total credit for this, of course, but it's exactly what happens when people get organized around shared interests and push for change.
POLICY & ORGANIZING
- Successfully advocated for returning City Hall plaza to the people >>
- Fought to end illegal and dangerous parking on South Broad >>
- Continued to push for an aggressive Vision Zero strategy
- Helped Harrisburg defeat the plastic bag industry's bad bill >>
- Organized support for a safer Frankford Avenue >>
- Organized support for a safer N. American Street
- Organized support for SEPTA Market-Frankford Line improvements
- Organized neighborhood support for dense mixed-use development
- Laid groundwork to support urbanists for civic and ward seats
- Co-hosted a DNC party at Bok to connect the nation's urban leaders
- Co-hosted an 8-80 Cities Copenhagen panel at Pipeline
- Hosted an event at Front Street Cafe to keep our successes going
- Hosted an event at Dolphin Tavern to support a Safer South Broad
- Participated in a Citizen panel event on the politics of affordability >>
- Participated in a Spoke Mag panel event on mobility, social justice
- SustainPHL Sustainability Award nominee
- Social Innovations Journal Award nominee
- Launched our annual stakeholder survey
- Launched our weekly Action Letter >>
- Launched an Action Page on our website >>
- Upgraded our website and email design
- More than doubled our email list and social media audience
Help us finish 2016 with a bang and support our advocacy.
We aim to do even more in 2017 as we continue to expand our capacity and outreach. Stay tuned for more advocacy from us soon on SEPTA subway service improvements, waste management strategies, parking management reforms, and of course political organizing.
Thank you for continuing to push Philadelphia forward!